[Slowhand] songs for Eric's next tour

Dave Dell ddell at socal.rr.com
Mon Aug 23 22:30:17 EDT 2004

I think most of us were delighted when Eric added some new twists to his set
list.  "Got to get Better..." and the osbcure "Walk out in the Rain" took on
a whole new life with the '04 live versions.  Anyway, one nice little perk
at work is I can listen to CDs while I'm working (I'm sure my 2 co-workers
in our department have gotten tired of all the EC I play, but not any more
so than I get of the Spanish love songs they play <g>) and today I was
playing "There's One in Every Crowd" and thought how great it would be to
hear "Singin' the Blues" and "High" live on the next tour.  Eric has so many
songs that would be great to hear live, particularly for us long time fans.
How about "Hungry" from "No Reason to Cry"?...I've always loved the slide
outro solo on that one.  Kind of interesting to think of songs you'd like to
hear Eric play live, but never have.  Of the few I mentioned, the only one
I've heard live or a live recording of is Singin' the Blues.  I can think of
many others, but will let others speak of their own setlist fantasies <g>.

Dave