[Slowhand] "Unplugged" Air Guitar???

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 00:02:34 EDT 2004

I can see playing "Live Cream Vol. 1" loudly, I can see playing "Just One Night" just as loudly, I can see playing "24 Nights" at top volume - and I have done so.

But I never thought of "Unplugged" as top-volume jamming material.

Unfortunately reporters never ask the questions you want them to ... was he playing air guitar, and if so what model?  If I were to play Air Guitar along with Unplugged, I'd have a hard time deciding whether to play my Air 1936 OM-28, or my Air 000-42EC.  But then I'd probably play my Air "Ivan" ...

------------------

PROSECUTED FOR PLAYING LOUD MUSIC Next Story | Previous Story | Back to list
12:30 - 22 July 2004 A Barton man has been successfully prosecuted by North Lincolnshire Council for playing music too loud and causing a nuisance to his neighbours.

Mark Hare, of Warrendale, breached a noise abatement notice twice on December 4 and December 6 2003. The notice failed to deter him and he continued to play loud music.

The out-of-hours environmental health officer was called by his neighbours to investigate and on both occasions they concluded the music was a 'statutory nuisance'.

On the first occasion the music, Eric Clapton Unplugged, began at around midnight and lasted until about 3.30am.

On the second occasion the music began at 1am and went on until 3am and the CD stuck on one track for an hour.

Neighbours could clearly hear the words of the songs, which included Rod Stewart, Oasis and Eric Clapton.

Hare failed to appear at North Lincolnshire Magistrates' Court but was found guilty of both offences and fined £100 for the first offence and £150 for the second offence in his absence.

The council was also awarded court costs of £325.

Coun Jean Bromby, cabinet member for neighbourhood services, said: "The property is a ground floor flat so many residents who lived there were subjected to the noise.

"It is not acceptable people should endure such loud noise. It is unfair and shows no respect for other who live in the building.

"We take noise nuisance complaints very seriously and we will continue to take action on those who break the law."