[Slowhand] Re: Nerdhand - And An Apology

Richard Batty rtcb at comcast.net
Tue Aug 24 08:00:00 EDT 2004

As difficult as this thread might have been for some people, I think it
served a great purpose in bringing our attention to making the quality of
trading standards as high as possible.  I think Mark had nothing but the
best interests of all of us on the list when her started this discussion.
As I have mentioned in previous posts, Mark has always been very helpful to
me over the years when I have had technical questions.

This is a great community of folks with a shared passion, the love of EC's
music.  Unfortunately when communication happens by email, it is sometimes
hard to understand the tone of a person's message.  We've possibly had some
hurt feelings, indignation etc. that might not have happened in face-to-face
discussions.

One idea that I think has merit (thanks to private communication with the
Almighty Geetarz) is to include on our trade lists what we use for
extracting & burning software and which media we use.  Some folks already do
this.  We can also ask people what they are using prior to making a trade
and then make a decision whether to make the trade or not.  If we have this
consciousness, maybe we will all pay more attention to quality because
making this effort will give all of us access to better quality music.
There is something in it for us if we make the effort.

Richard