[Slowhand] songs for Eric's next tour

Richard Batty rtcb at comcast.net
Tue Aug 24 08:18:20 EDT 2004

Kelly,

I'm with you on this (as I'm sure many of us are).  Dave mentioned "High"
which I've always loved.  I really liked hearing "Sick & Tired" (looking at
the lyrics in context) during the Pilgrim tour.  I'd love to hear "Pretty
Girl" or "Another Ticket" replace WT.  How about bringing back "The Shape
You're In" that had such great guitar interplay between EC and Albert Lee in
the early 80s.  I'm sure EC could duplicate that with Doyle.  How about
"Double Trouble" to replace "HYELAW"?  What about "Ain't Going Down",
updated versions of "The Sky Is Crying", "I Can't Hold Out", "Blow Wind
Blow" and "Steady Rolling Man"?  How about "Motherless Children"?  How about
an acoustic set with "May You Never" and "We're All the Way"?  What about
songs from the underrated (IMHO) Another Ticket album - "Something Special"
and                          "Hold Me Lord"?

(I assume you are a Springsteen fan from your email address.  We had the
equivalent in the last tour when Bruce did songs like "Country Fair" and
"Souls of the Departed").

Richard