[Slowhand] Re: Did You Notice?

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 06:41:25 EDT 2004

>> >Let's get back to enjoying the MUSIC.  I just got in, today, a copy
>> >of the Bradley Center show from July 20.  What a nice hot
>> >performance, and a fantastic (as always) "Got to Get Better in a
>> >Little While".  I can't get enough of that song.  The guy who sent
>> >it to me used Roxio, so I guess now I'm *really* embarassed in front
>> >of you all and will put up with a lot of ribbing from all of you!
>> ><g>. Guess we all make a fool of ourselves every now and then.
>> >
>> >So here's that hot, hot performance of "Got to Get Better" ... break
>> >out your Air Guitars and turn the speakers up loud!!!!
>> >
>> >http://www.geetarz.org/temp/gtgb.mp3
>>
>> Many thanks for the MP3, but I just played it and there was all kinds
>> of skipping, especially near the end (it actually starts around when
>> EC comes in). Is your original copy like that? It also seems to be
>> missing a chunk around when Eric starts playing.

Hi Luke,

Uhhhhh .... yes I noticed.

I've gotten the message that I'm not to "impose my ideas of quality on others" so I
thought I'd share anyways - and perhaps make a subtle point and maybe even a few
chuckles. Perhaps in time I'll be fortunate enough to run across the taper and hopefully get a clean copy. Otherwise it's yet another show lost to posterity. A shame - seems a good performance.

My post was also a test!

And the test confirmed my suspicions - many SD members don't actually listen to EC's
music! <g>  If someone posted a clip of a recent show (or even an old show), especially a song like GTGB where EC's really been stretching out ... of course I'd listen to check
out the performance, and I've really appreciated it when others have posted clips and
examples.  But ... you wanna guess how many people actually listened to it?  C'mon,
gimme a guess ;)

I just wish the Suits would get their heads screwed on straight, and sell official copies
of the shows at the venue or by mail, heck send the profits to the Crossroads Centre or charity as the Who have done - I've been buying and enjoying their live shows. Of course
I am sure there are teams of lawyers who are probably the reason why that won't happen
- and Shakespeare nailed the solution to that problem on the head lo those many years
ago!

And then once we get all the lawyers out of the way - we can get "Nothing But the
Blues" officially released so I don't have to spend hours and hours working on the NEW
Geetarz edition of that one from the new masters <insert evil mad scientist grin>.

Cheers!