[Slowhand] DVD R copying ?

Dave Dell ddell at socal.rr.com
Sat Sep 4 11:10:09 EDT 2004

I bought a handheld video of San Jose, 7/31 mainly becasue I was there that
night and planned on sharing it with Digest members but I can't get the DVD
copied.  I have tried using Nero, the ripper version of X-Copy and I Copy
DVDs 2 and none of them work...they get about 80% through reading the
original and then stop.  Is it possible that the guy selling this put some
sort of unreadable file on the original?  If I copy all the video files to
my hard drive via Nero and then burn a DVD will the copy play?  And if I do
that, do I use "DVD-video" format or one of the other choices in Nero?
Lastly, does anyone know what a "BUP" file is?  The DVD has TS_video files
which are the concert files, a menu file, 2 Nero "Your showtime demo has
expired" message files and several .BUP file.  I don't know much about this
DVD technical stuff, but maybe someone here has an idea on how to get this
one copied.  Probably best to contact me off the list.

Thanks,

Dave