[Slowhand] Re: Blue Moon

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 21:21:02 EDT 2004

>> I have just learnt on www.whereseric.com that Clapton plays on "Blue Moon"
>> on Rod Stewart's forthcoming offering. To say this is disheartening news is
>> an understatement.

I must admit a bit of curiosity.

Now what I am wondering ... if EC's usually quoted "Blue Moon" as his solo in
"Sunshine of Your Love", does this mean that when he plays on "Blue Moon"
that he'll insert "Sunshine of Your Love"? It would only be fair.

>> I had read some years back that Eric was displeased over Stewart's percieved
>> lack of assistance to the late Ronnie Lane, when Lane had been suffering MS
>> and some financial hardship as a result.

Since you brought this up ... what I have always wondered, if anyone can shed some
light on this, is why *Pete Townshend* was not involved. Given his work with Ronnie
Lane that he has always said was some of his favorite material, I am somewhat
surprised that PT was not there. Any info on this?

>> In any case, Stewart's slow decline into straight MOR should not be
>> encouraged (in my view) and it disappoints me to see Clapton involved in
>> this at all.

I would agree but let's face it, EC certainly paved the way for aging has-been Brit
rockers to descend into the abyss of mediocrity.  "Blue Eyes Blue" anyone?

<g>

Cheers,
AG

http://mail.yahoo.com