[Slowhand] Cream Concert Review: 30 March 2005

Kevin Wilson kevin.wilson at arivia.co.za
Mon Nov 15 06:32:01 EST 2004

It was Eric's 60th last night and he, Jack and Ginger were on stage to
recreate history. Time had clouded our minds to who Cream really were.
The audience at the old Albert waited in anticipation for the opening
number. Would it be a blazon "Steppin' Out", a percussive "I'm So Glad"
or a chest pounding "Sleepy Time Time".

At exactly 8pm a single searing spotlight went on - centre stage. Caught
in its brilliant light were three legends - alive. One with close
cropped hair and the rounded spectacles of a learned music teacher, the
second with shoulder length hair that has not grown an inch since '68
and the third with a weather beaten face and what could be remnants of
ginger hair.

The crowd was awe struck as it heard three voices, matured by age,
singing in unison: "A mother was bathing her baby one night, the
youngest of ten and a delicate mite......" ;-]

NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof, is subject to the standard arivia.kom email disclaimer which may be found at:  http://www.arivia.co.za/internet/disclaimer.htm.  If you cannot access the disclaimer through the URL attached, and you wish to receive a copy thereof, please send an eMail to disclaimer at arivia.co.za or call (011) 233-0800. You will receive the disclaimer by return email or fax.