[Slowhand] Re: super groups

Mel Boss darmel at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 15 09:52:23 EST 2004

Jim,

Thanks for the thought, Jim: Actually, I thought of Pink Floyd when I asked the question - could never forget them. The reason that I suggested that they could not reunite was that it would be HIGHLY unlikely. There was a giant rift between Roger and David, and Syd was lost to mental illness. That said, the reunion tour as it was last time, ten years ago, was fabulous.

Thanks again.

Mel

"Jackson, James T" <james.t.jackson at lmco.com> wrote:
You asked:
Of all the "super groups" of the 60-70's, is there any other band that could reunite today and be 100% intact? I can't think of one (but I suppose, too, that it depends on one's definition of "super group." Anyone?

My answer: Pink Floyd (Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Rick Wright, Nick Mason)
If you contend that we are missing Syd Barrett, he is still alive but his abilities/motivation would be questionable.
One might claim the same problem when he was in the band.

Jim Jackson