[Slowhand] Another opinion of the reunion

blues4jr at aol.com blues4jr at aol.com
Mon Nov 15 09:53:05 EST 2004

I have been an EC fan since I saw him with the Dominos in 1970. No, I never saw Cream - unfortunately. I am looking forward to a Cream reunion, but I am not expecting a repeat of Live Cream Vol. II. First of all, Ginger is 65 years old. Second of all, EC is more of a perfectionist than he was back in the 60's. You will not see 20 minute guitar solos. You will not see 15 minutes guitar solos. You will not see 10 minute guitar solos. You will not see 5 minute guitar solos. With any luck, we may see a few 2 minutes guitar solos. The ones we do see will be excellent though...you will not see 20 minute improv venturing off into unknown territory. If you had't noticed, EC shows are as well "choreographed" (I do hate to use this word) as a Broadway show. That's not necessarily bad, but it is not Cream. Cream is/was the epitomy of progressive improv rock. I would try and go in person if I was in England, I will buy the DVD and any commercial CD releases, and I will trade for any boot recordings - and if the once power trio exceeds my expectations that would be all the better. By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if EC, Jack and Ginger weren't the only musicians on stage.

John