[Slowhand] Re: So-Called trading Edicate [sic]

Scott Peterson AvalancheScott at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 15 10:00:51 EST 2004

mike petrilli <ziggo820 at yahoo.com> wrote [among other things]:

> What is all the hub-ub about gaps between songs.What are you going to miss.A
> bunch of people in the crowd yelling and screaming.

I'm going to answer in the perhaps naive belief that you're serious. Many of
EC's songs run from one to another--"Badge" to "Let It Rain" for one
well-known example. It's jarring, to say the least, to suddenly have the
song cut out for several seconds right in the middle of a musical
transition.

> Maybe some of the people can't afford $600 state of the art CDR's.Does that
> mean thay are not allowed to trade.Not everyone is Mark Devo or Delta Blues
> Nick.

I bought my first CD burner two years ago for about two hundred bucks.
Nothin' state of the art about it. Just a good solid Yamaha that's never
caused me a bit o' trouble and doesn't put gaps between songs (unless, of
course, I want them). I assume prices have come down even further since
then. As I used to spend thirty or forty bucks for a single bootleg fifteen
years ago, I'm thinking that paying two hundred dollars in order to be able
to get an almost unlimited number of shows virtually for free just isn't
that a big a hardship. You do? Okay. Then don't trade.

> Oh yeah mini discs sound better.

Good. Stick to them. Don't trade with anyone on CD-R. We'll all be much
happier that way.

It's not "so-called" trading etiquette. It's trading etiquette, which the
overwhelming majority of traders abide by and believe in. We understand that
you don't agree and we thank you for letting us know so we can avoid trading
with you in the future.

Some people also think picking their nose when serving food at a restaurant
is just fine.

Best,

Scott Peterson
AvalancheScott at earthlink.net