[Slowhand] Trading etiquette

weedweed@tiscali.fr weedweed at tiscali.fr
Thu Nov 18 16:56:30 EST 2004

My 2 "euro" cents...

We should all know now for months that the SL is not the best place
to trade EC material if you are in the like of keeping the music
safe.

Sad.

For those who don't mind about the 2sec gap between tracks and other
flaws I would just say that these guideline are from the time when
sharing music was not so easy than now, costly and made between
individual traders.

These common rule were made - and accepted - in a way to preserve
music integrity and get the best possible quality that the CD
offered.

But now that it cost almost to nothing to get it, that
groups/mailing list make it easer to find it what reason would
justify not to care about the music we share anymore?

Would you accept to pay 15 USD for an official CD with skip, pops,
gaps within tracks?

I am sure you will be the first to go back  to your record dealer
and ask for a clean copy.

Here it's the same thing, even it you  don't pay for it. If it was
clean at first, you should keep it clean.

It is just  r  e  s  p  e  c  t  toward the community and the music
we love.

JYB

************************ ADSL ILLIMITE TISCALI + TELEPHONE GRATUIT ************************
Surfez 40 fois plus vite pour 30EUR/mois seulement !  Et téléphonez partout en France gratuitement,
vers les postes fixes (hors numéros spéciaux). Tarifs très avantageux vers les mobiles et l'international !
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl  (voir conditions sur le site)