[Slowhand] Sessions for Robert J.

Dave Dell ddell at socal.rr.com
Wed Dec 8 22:18:29 EST 2004

Great stuff Eric.  The more energetic live feel to a lot of the songs is great.  I am particularly enjoying the versions of Travelin Riverside Blues, Queen of Spades, and When You've got a good Friend.  The acoustic stuff is good too, as we seldom get to hear Eric in that setting (solo acoustic or with just 1 other guitar).   Yes, this was all planned (they even had a set list : ) but it's still a great little addition to the RJ recordings and a lot of the recordings are better than the previously released versions.

Also, congratulations go to Eric for another grammy nomination for Me & Mr. Johnson.
Dave