[Slowhand] Re: Bloomfield

ToeKneeF slowhandnj at comcast.net
Fri Dec 30 13:15:44 EST 2005

Garret,

You make an excellent point about a musicians need to be
multi-dimensional. My current guitar triumvirate is Clapton, Beck,
Taylor. I really admire Mick's guitar playing but really feel he would
be better served if he put together a band with a stronger singer. Lets
face it, not everyone can sing well (Jeff certainly has acknowledged
that point) and if you can find a singer to complement your guitar
playing (Page-Plant) then go for it. In Eric's case we are lucky to have
someone who can both play and sing with an emotional honesty that speaks
to many of us. As for Mike Bloomfield, you're right about his vocal
prowess, if anyone has heard his singing on the Live At The Fillmore
West album with Al Kooper, you'll probably agree that he made the right
choice in seeking other voices for lead singer

--
"I told all four that there were going to be some times where we don't agree with each other. But that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."..... President-Elect - George W. Bush Meeting With Congressional Leaders December 18, 2000