[Slowhand] EC Memory and Interviews.........

EddyPauley at aol.com EddyPauley at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 13:34:31 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/8/2006 12:16:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
slowhand-request at planet-torque.com writes:

> Message: 2

> Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:34:57 -0500

> From: "DeltaNick" <deltanick at comcast.net>

> Subject: [Slowhand] Re: WT

> To: "Slowhand Digest" <slowhand at planet-torque.com>

> >>[O]ne thing that EC said has confused me. Part of the show was about a

> >>farm that RL had and how all his mates (including EC) would hang out

> >>there and play. EC said that he wrote Wonderful Tonight there with RL. I

> >>always thought that EC wrote that song at home while waiting for Pattie

> >>to get ready. <<

> This all goes to validate a point I've made, over the years, that EC is

> inconsistent in interviews. He has done this type of thing so many times. I

> think he often responds with the answer he believes the interviewer wants to

> hear. When you read an interview with him, you don't know if the answer is

> truthful, an attempt to end the interview as quickly as possible, or given

> for some other reason.

> DeltaNick

Could be something as simple as a faulty or sketchy memory. Some things he
is asked about in interviews occurred many, many years ago. And frankly I
imagine public/press put a lot more emphasis on the details of some issues than EC
does.

Granted some events are more important and thus better to easily remember.
That said I suspect there might be some kind of mix up concerning WT as I would
think he would remember some of the specifics such as where and when that
song was written - but maybe not.

Also could be that both stories are partially accurate. Lyrics written at
home waiting on Pattie. Finished putting the actual music to the lyrics at
Ronnie Lane's pad? Just a thought...............