[Slowhand] Bill Graham Database

ToeKneeF slowhandnj at comcast.net
Sat Jan 14 12:22:14 EST 2006

All this talk of the Fillmore West reminded me that last year, on
EZTree, someone made available a copy of the database (MS Excel File)
compiled by the staff at Bill Graham Productions. It lists every show he
presented from 1965 - 1989. If there is any interest I can forward a
copy to the interested parties or make it available to someone to post
on a web site, for download. The database lists Date / Venue / Artists &
Notes. Since the notes are by Bill himself or the staff, some
interesting insights are presented (amongst them, the number of
community benefits hosted by Bill, he really supported the community).

Their first show was May 7, 1965 @ The Gate Theatre in Sausalito.
Performers listed were: SF Mime Troupe, Robert Scheer, Notes: Play: "The
Exception And The Rule" By Bertolt Brecht., R. Scheer Talk: "The US War
In Vietnam.

The last show at the Fillmore Auditorium was July 4, 1968 and the first
show at the Fillmore West was the following day. Here's an interesting
note from the May 16, 1969 show at the Fillmore East: Who, Sweetwater,
It's A Beautiful Day, Lights: Joshua Light ShowNotes: 2 Shows There Was
A Fire At The Store On The Corner And The Building Had To Be Evacuated
During The Who's Performance. Later They Were Arrrested For Obstructing
Justice As Pete Townsend Kicked A Policeman Who Came On Stage During
--
"I told all four that there were going to be some times where we don't
agree with each other. But that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it'd