[Slowhand] A Few Kind Words About Back Home

Ken Norris Ken_Norris at umit.maine.edu
Fri Feb 10 13:58:19 EST 2006

Personally, I don't think Back Home is one of EC's best albums. That is, for me, it isn't of the quality of Layla, or 461 Ocean Boulevard, or
Journeyman, or From The Cradle. It's more in the realm of August and Pilgrim and Reptile, which, to me, are hit and miss affairs.

And that's how I feel about Back Home. I really quite like about half of it. But what I like I really like. So Tired. Say What You Will. Revolution.
Love Comes To Everyone, One Day and Back Home are all songs and performances that have come to mean a lot to me. I think the song Back Home is one of the best songs EC has ever written and performed.

The rest of the songs on the album I tend to skip over. But I do that with a lot of songs on August and Pilgrim and Reptile too. Which just means
that they are 50-50 albums.

I have never felt that the trashing Back Home received on this digest was justified, and I still don't.

And yes, it is beautifully recorded, the songs I don't like and the songs that I do like.

Ken