[Slowhand] Variations on the first album

Shanahan mowdamowda at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:48:12 EST 2006

ToeKneeF's recollections of buying the first album, took me back to when I
dutifully bought it when it first came out here in OZ. I took it home,
cranked the volume and then, 1.50 into Slunky the volume in one of the
channels dropped to about 20%, and stayed like that for the rest of the
album. Which of course meant that you had to swing the balance to almost 25
past to have the channels equal which resulted in very limited volume. Also
on the initial pressings, I've Told You For The Last Time was track 3, and
Lonesome And A Long Way From Home was track 9. Years later when they fixed
the channel problem they also fixed the track order. Curiouser and
curiouser.

Tone