[Slowhand] Re: IDEAS FOR UPCOMING TOUR -- let's flood EC with our good ideas!?

James Vlahakis jvlahakis at hinshawlaw.com
Wed Mar 22 13:34:59 EST 2006

I think we need to all re-post Len's great plea to ERIC, maybe someone
will get this to ERIC. WE WOULD ALL APPRECIATE HIS CONSIDERATION OF THE
FOLLOWING. I'm copying Len's post again and adding my own comments to the
end (kind of like one of those letters to the editor that people send out
for people to adapt and use).

"If someone in Eric's camp is listening...

In addition to your own blues, Cream and pop tunes, it would be great to
see
you do one George Harrison tune, one Dylan tune and at least one of the
older blues greats' lesser known tunes (e.g., Muddy Waters, Albert King,
Freddy King, Lowell Fulsom). Educate us, please!

*Please* mix up the setlist from night to night. Those of us fans who see
more than one show on the tour would really appreciate hearing something
"new" each time.

And if it's not too much trouble, could we have one or two extended jams?
We'd all love to see you stretch again, playing off against the really
fine
musicians you've chosen for this tour's band.

The last few years have been simply great. Thanks so much for coming back
to the blues and thanks for doing Cream. It made us all appreciate that
you
were listening to us."

I will also add that he should really use Derek Trucks to mix things up,
try something new and not be afraid to "wing it." More bands do that each
day and mix up the sets lists, give a try EC and don't be afraid to make a
mistake. Nobody wants to see an AUTO-PILOT tour even if 70% of the time
you are spot-on!

Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is an Illinois registered limited liability
partnership that has elected to be governed by the Illinois Uniform
Partnership Act (1997).

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended
solely for the addressee(s) named in this message. This communication
is intended to be and to remain confidential and may be subject to
applicable attorney/client and/or work product privileges. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been
addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply
e-mail and then delete this message and its attachments. Do not
deliver, distribute or copy this message and/or any attachments and if
you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose the contents or take
any action in reliance upon the information contained in this
communication or any attachments.</p>