[Slowhand] Re: Re: Layla Beer

Bruce Wilson kbw at mchsi.com
Tue Mar 28 20:28:27 EST 2006

"He still had a confidence problem when it came to singing, a problem he often solved by drinking a bottle of peppermint schnapps before starting a session. 'It was Delaney's favorite drink, and I'd go out and sing. Horrible I know but it was like nectar in those days,' remembers Eric."

p. 67, Marc Roberty "The Eric Clapton Album: Thirty Years of Music and Memorabilia" describing the sessions for EC's 1st solo album.

You know, if I was still breathing after drinking a bottle of schnapps, I'd probably be singing, too!

(But, doubt I'd be singing, "Get up, get your man a bottle of red wine.")

brooz
(who admittedly once drank a bit of peppermint schnapps in hot chocolate because my girlfriend was cold and wanted to. I don't recommend this, unless your girlfriend is cold or something)

>> On the other hand, it's better than that peppermint Schnapps out favorite guitarist used to guzzle. <<

I must've missed that one. What was the peppermint schnapps thing all about?

DeltaNick