[Slowhand] re- Jimi, EC & revisionism

Leblanc, Denis (CGI) DLeblanc3 at purolator.com
Thu Mar 30 12:13:49 EST 2006

from a 1968 interview:
Rolling Stone: What do you think about Jimi Hendrix?
Clapton: I don't really want to be critical about it. I think Jimi can sing
very well; he just puts it around that he can't sing and everyone accepts
it. I think he can sing very well. I don't think he's a great guitarist. I
don't like to watch him too much 'cause I prefer to listen to him...
*****
Compare that quote with all the reverential stuff Clapton has said AFTER
Jimi died. And he's done the same trick with SRV.
-Denis