[Slowhand] Enjoy the guitarists you like and the rest shouldn't matter

joeyjay at att.net joeyjay at att.net
Thu Mar 30 13:58:55 EST 2006

>> "Enjoy the guitarists you like and the rest shouldn't matter - it's all

subjective anyways."

That is well put.

That being said, my subjectivity has always lead me to listen to Clapton more than any other guitarist in history. I honestly love his playing more than anyone. I own everything from Clapton. In fact I own everything from a lot of great guitarists.....

On the other hand, I own a single greatest hits album by Hendrix. I marvel at Hendrix's ability, but, subjectively, I seldom angst for more than one or two songs at a time by Jimi.

Not everything Clapton does is great, but, to me, he has an almost unparalleled talent to produce phrasing that can absolutely thrill to the bone when he's right

My biggest complaint with Eric are his etched-in-stone setlists. I sure wish his approach was more like the Allman Brothers at The Beacon.

Lets raise a glass for all the wonderful guitar players the world has produced (both famous and local). I have always loved good music wherever it is being played and by whomever is playing it.

Jimi certainly was one of the all-timers. For these ears, Eric is THE all-timer.

Cheers,
Jay