[Slowhand] Clapton says its over

Greg Wenker gwornex at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 13:31:57 EDT 2006

In an interview in the Times on Saturday Clapton talks
about being a Father and the friends he's lost.
Towards the end of the interview this is what he says
about Cream:
"No, not for me. We did it and it was fun.But life is
too short, I've got a lot of other things I would
rather do including staying at home with my kids." The
thing about that band he says, was that it was all to
do with its limits. "Here were three people who were
essentially in disagreement with each other. You
latched on to those rare moments of cohesion and made
the most of them. But tthey were rare. It was an
experiment."

g.w.