[Slowhand] Re: No Subject : Jenny Katz

Richard Millard millard_richard at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 12:43:38 EDT 2006

I really don't understand messages like this. No one
on the list is entitled to express an opinion, because
our opinions detract from your enjoyment of the
concert? Where is that coming from?

I'm glad you're going to the concerts and I hope you
enjoy them. I'm going to RAH myself (from California)
for the 19th and 22nd, and I'm sure I'll enjoy them
too (well, maybe not Wonderful Tonight).

But I don't get the idea that being a true Clapton fan
requires one to passively accept whatever is dished up
and pretend that we're living in the best of all
possible worlds. Sure, I'll enjoy I Shot the Sheriff
(again) and Got to Get Better (again) and probably
even Layla and Cocaine (again and again and again) -
but what's wrong with wanting to hear something new
and different every once in a while?

Sure there are some unusual things on this list, and
that's great, but as I said in my first "bash" it's a
mixed bag. There was an opportunity, with this new
band, to really shake it up and break out of the box,
and that opportunity wasn't seized.