[Slowhand] New Setlist: Not an Improvement

RMS1 Debby at Avalonrecords.com
Tue May 9 11:16:23 EDT 2006

RE: Wonderful Tonight and Layla

Why does anyone assume these songs mean nothing to him? They are FULL
of meaning for others, especially the two he wrote for Patty. No matter
what (or who) he has done since then, his current wife included, Patty's
influence on him was HUGE. "Layla" and "WT" brought him much fame and
fortune. Lots of couples consider WT to be "their" song. Personally,
I never get tired of hearing the electric version of "Layla"; there's so
much passion and longing in that tune. And "Cocaine" is SO expected,
and a great jam song. Listen to any classic rock station (especially
the corporate ones), and "Cocaine" is always one of the 2 or 3 Clapton
tunes they play.

EC's catalogue of songs is vast, and to pick just a dozen or so to play
has got to be a daunting task. I can't imagine playing songs you DON'T
like, night after night for months. Why torture yourself?

Good grief, even with a setlist that doesn't change, each concert is
different. He has good nights and bad nights, and as we've seen by the
Slowhander reviews from other tours, most are pleased with the results.
So quitcherbitchin' until AFTER the concert. :-)

JMHO,

Debby J.