[Slowhand] Paddington Fillmore Set

Luke Pacholski lukpac at lukpac.org
Thu Jun 15 18:54:24 EDT 2006

I got the Paddington set today, thanks to Larry Jackson. Question - does
anyone else think a lot of this sounds like garbage? I've only done a
*quick* listen so far, but while some of the tracks sound ok (those found
on the official releases), others sound terrible (the unreleased late show
recordings, for starters). *Massive* noise reduction. I'll have to listen
more, but while they aren't perfect, the older Tarantura release seems a
*lot* better. The 10/24 show had some NR that didn't sound very good, but
this is a lot worse.

Mind you, I'm talking about the same soundboard recordings, *not* the
audience recordings (haven't even gotten that far yet).

What does everyone else think?

Luke