[Slowhand] Charlotte woes

Steve Proctor drpr at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 17 23:48:02 EDT 2006

I am surprised that no one has commented on the Charlotte snafu. I read the information on www.ecaccess.cc the night before the sale, printed off my ECaccess code and learned that the sale would be through www.charlottebobcatsarena.com rather than www.ticketmaster.com

www.charlottebobcatsarena.com is incredibly slow, even at 11:30 PM with a fast Internet connection. At 10 AM, on a slower wireless connection, it was virtually impossible. I kept getting messages that the site had too many users and to try back later. Eventually, I got through, only to find that there was nowhere to enter an ecaccess code. I tried to see what tickets were available to the general public, but the site or my computer quit responding.

I checked www.ecaccess.cc again. To get ecaccess tickets for Charlotte, one had to fill out and download an .xls file, print it off and fax it to a telephone number. I was away from home with no printer or fax machine. So, I walked to Bobcats arena. They knew nothing about ecaccess. I then walked a few blocks to the library, got a library card, logged onto the Internet, filed out the form and printed it off. Then, I walked several blocks to Kinko's to fax it. Twelve hours later, I have no way of knowing whether I will even get Charlotte tickets.

Somehow, scalpers don't seem quite as bad tonight...