[Slowhand] Mayall 70th

Greg Wenker gwornex at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 15:41:46 EDT 2006

Review from a 'negative' EC fan of Mayall reunion...

Buddy Whittington- If you like blues in the 'fast
lane' you'll love the speed and dexterity of this
man.....

Mick Taylor- If you like someone who has stayed true
to his style and tone, you'll appreciate this man,as I
do...Still has a great feel for slow blues......'Blues
for the Lost days' is an excellent example of where
'feel' (Taylor) triumphs over 'speed'
(Whittington)..(EC take note)

E.C.- Plays in his usual 'hesitant' style when faced
with the burden of expectations that would normally
arise with a reunion of this sort.... I think this is
why I was pleasantly surprised at his fairly
'aggressive' performance in the Cream reunions....

OK Olli, go ahead and tell me how I'm stuck in the
past...:)

Greg W.