[Slowhand] EC guitar...

Ron Newark ronnewark at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 00:42:05 EDT 2006

The single most frustrating aspect of having grown up with EC is that while he is capable of playing with drama and meaning, he more often than not, doesn't. We can only speculate why. I do not expect to hear ten minute solos. I would love to hear a thirty second solo with drama and meaning, tone and texture, intent and desire. Playing as if he means it, from start to finish. That is what I miss the most. We get glimpses of it from time to time and sure, he has come miles from where he began as a singer. The irony is that his most impressive solos were never very long. i.e. Badge, Crossroads. He could do that sort of stuff and leave us all in a sweat if he wanted, a couple minutes and out...best to all, RN

Ron