[Slowhand] The eternal question: better or not??

Olli Oksala ollio at mbnet.fi
Tue Jun 27 02:23:18 EDT 2006

Hi all

I agree with Sebastien in that Clapton plays nowadays better than ever. His
growth as a musician, bandleader and singer has resulted in a more compact
expression and that's a lot more satisfactory and convincing to me than
some of
those overlong solos from his youth.
I think, that for instance B.B. King and Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker have
said,
that Clapton is nowadays better than ever.
I'm with them :)

In Europe, I think, most of the gigs (if not all) are sold out. If the
reception is luke warm in USA, we can hope he concretes more to Europe in the
future! ;)

Cheers
Olli