[Slowhand] RE: More Bonamassa

Bbanderic at aol.com Bbanderic at aol.com
Sun Jul 2 22:19:44 EDT 2006

As Joe seems to getting noticed more nationally/worldwide, he's certainly no
stranger here in Rochester N.Y...I believe he was born and raised in Utica,
N.Y... not too far from here. Joe has played Rochester frequently since the
late 1980's, in fact I remember him opening up for B.B. King when he was
something like 13 years old, he was a little pudgy kid but he could play,
certainly better than any 13 year old I've ever seen, somewhat of a child prodigy.
In fact Joe played an encore with B.B. at that show.

Also, in the 1990's Joe Bonamassa was in a band with Robbie Kreiger's (The
Doors) son, the son of one of the members of the Allman Brothers and some
other famous band members' son. They played an in store gig at the House of
Guitars. I can't remember the bands name but they were really good.

I last saw Joe play a few years ago, once again opening for B.B. King, three
piece band, and it was very interesting to see how he has matured as a
guitar player and especially as a vocalist. It'll be interesting to see if he can
become popular on a larger scale and become more of a household name.

Cheers,

Jon