[Slowhand] Weed Open: LAOALS MickBoy

Roy D. Houston rdh at optimum-power.com
Thu Jul 27 15:35:44 EDT 2006

With many thanks to my friend John Mills, I can offer:

Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs: MickBoy Remaster

to the first three to respond with full address, a promise to re-weed, and a promise that they have purchased a copy of the this fine album/CD/cassette/8-Track at some point in their lives.

This is the Red Book authored CD version of the disc (not FLAC or SHN).

Other have chimed in on how this remaster sounds.

I will add that, to my ears, MB has taken one of the newer remixes (you can hear EC's howl at the beginning of 'Keep On Growing' - something not found on the original mix) and perhaps applied one of the newer normalization plugins, such as Waves L2 Maximizer.

This is consistent with other's comments that 'the keyboard at the beginning of 'xxx' is louder than other mixes', 'the quieter parts have more definition', etc., etc.

There may be a touch of widening of the stereo field as well.

In any event, it was fun to compare.

Please contact me privately - no responses to the list.

-Roy
rdh at optimum-power.com