[Slowhand] Re: Youtube

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 23:41:41 EDT 2006

I seem to recall someone indicating on how you can download YOUTUBE videos to your hard drive. If any member has that information available then I would be forever in your debt.

--------------

Trevor,

I use "Keepvid", you can find it at:

http://keepvid.com/?url=about%3Ablank

Just copy/paste the URL of the page that has the video you like, click "download" and when done just save from that site.

I (of course) use Firefox and it also integrates well with a "Keep This!" button on the toolbar which allows one to save directly from the page while viewing as well (although this does not seem to work all the time).

If it's the "Eric Clapton recorded from a toilet" video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdfTY6jqVlY), you don't need to save it as I already have as it amuses me to no end - "just when you thought you had seen it all" etc. etc. It should be downloadable (is that a word) at:

http://www.geetarz.org/funniez/flash/clapton-italy-toilet.flv

And folks .... as always, remember to wash your hands when done!

;)

Cheers,
AG

http://mail.yahoo.com