[Slowhand] Road to Escondido thoughts - from EC Access Listening..

Apurva Parikh apuraja8 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 15 11:00:45 EDT 2006

So, as a member of EC access you can listen to the RtoE until Monday on the
EC access site..

Some initial thoughts from a couple of listens..

1. There is plenty of guitar work throughout the cd, some of it is actually
Eric. LOL> Just kidding. He plays with a lot of reserve, like JJ, in many of
the songs, but highlights for me, Danger, Miissing Person, so far at least.
Great tone in Missing Person and other songs, perhaps this is the
telecaster?

2. JJ Cale's guitar playing is tasty too, a lot of single string pickign and
slide, his singing and playin meshes like hand/glove with Eric

3. too many guests. i initially thought, but you can't really decipher who
is doing what most of the time, unless i'ts clapton or jj or someone obvious
like taj mahal

4. the production won't remind anyone of beano or FTC, but it's good and
overall no complaints form me. I like the songs much more than back home or
robert johnson albums.

5. really laid back feel on most of the feel, nothing earh shattering, just
two guys having fun, relaxed playing

6. only a couple of clunkers.. three little girls and i forget the name, but
something more country-ish with fiddle, etc.. didn't like those two

overall i'm enjoying this cd, will be good on long drives and just generally
when you wanna have some fun.

aap