[Slowhand] Is it just me, or does this annoy all of us?

Simon George simon.george5 at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 21 17:37:16 EDT 2006

Just looked up a web site of 'celebrity real names',
ok confession time, I was watching 'strictly come dancing', because my wife likes it and I couldnt be bothered to move, honestly!
Anyway Meatloaf was singing on there and I couldnt remember his real name, (its Marvin Lee Adler, fyi, although now it really IS Meatloaf as he had it changed by deed poll).
So I scanned the site, then i saw it....Eric Clapton = Eric Clapp.
No, No, No - just because it was his grandparents name, people are too lazy to do the research.
Even bbc.co.uk have made this mistake, and we in the UK have been brought up to believe we can trust the BBC!
How do they explain his mother being Patricia Clapton? or his Uncle Adrian Clapton? did they all chage their names too?
Sorry to rant but it really annoys me.Is it just me?

Cheers,
Simon
(calm again!)