[Slowhand] Re: Cream 2005 shows

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 22 20:59:08 EDT 2006

Hello All,

A few weeks back someone (Trevor??) posted about some interviews done about the Cream gigs. I must admit (I know I am probably on the minority on this) that I'm still a bit up in the air about the whole idea of the reunion thing and whether or not it was a good idea. Not that it matters now ...

At any rate, with that said, what is tickling my memory are the discussions about how EC felt about the reunion, and about what his motives were, and was he doing it more as a "nice thing" to do for his old friends because they wanted to do it ($$ cha-CHING), and how much he himself wanted to do it.

A friend (thanks!) sent the cool Mid Valley release Videodrome 1, and during the rehearsals for EC and Roger Waters' Tsunami benefit performance of "Wish You Were Here", there is a telling bit of banter between the two old bandmates. I'm not going to read more into it than is probably there, but it's still an interesting exchange (particularly EC's comment about anticipating being "in agony" on stage).

My transcription is mostly accurate I think - any corrections, please let me know:

http://www.geetarz.org/reviews/clapton/videodrome.htm

Cheers,
AG