[Slowhand] Beano Deluxe..

Apurva Parikh apuraja8 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 31 10:11:46 EST 2006

Art, thanks for the heads up, just ordered my copy from bestbuy.com..
I wonder if the Flamingo Club tracks have been remastered or whatever as
well, that would be really neat.

There's also a boxed set of mayall material coming out:

http://www.whereseric.com/news/2006/10/essentially-john-mayall-unreleased-eric-clapton-tracks.html

Eagle Records (Eagle Rock Entertainment) will issue a 5CD box set
"Essentially John Mayall". It includes previously unheard and unreleased
tracks from Mayall's personal collection with Eric Clapton ("Hideaway" and
"Tears in My Eyes" both from 1966) and others with Peter Green, Mick
Fleetwood, Mick Taylor, Coco Montoya, Walter Trout and Buddy Whittington.

Disc Two is the Mayall album, "Along For The Ride" (2001). Musicians on it
include former Clapton sidemen Andy Fairweather Low and Billy Preston, while
the fourth disc is a single disc version of "70th Birthday Concert" (which
also features Eric Clapton on some songs).

The box set also contains the studio albums "Padlock on the Blues" and
"Stories" plus a bonus disc of previously unheard live and session tracks
from Mayall's personal archive.

The set coincides with the fortieth anniversary of the band's classic
"Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton" (popularly known as "The Beano Album"). It
hits store shelves on 5 December (US) and 6 November (Europe).

>>>John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers

"Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton: DELUXE EDITION"
(2CD Deluxe Edition; original recording remastered)
Decca, October 24, 2006 [IMPORT]
• The classic "Beano" album from 1966 featuring Eric Clapton on guitar has
been Digitally Remastered and now features the original mono mix from 1966
and the stereo mix from 1969.
• Disc Two contains 19 Bonus Tracks including BBC sessions, Immediate
singles, a previously unreleased stereo mix of "On Top Of The World" and 6
songs recorded live at The Flamingo Club in March and April 1966.
• Contains 9 Previously Unreleased Tracks.

Disc 1
(original mono mix 1966)
1. All Your Love
2. Hideaway