[Slowhand] Steve Winwood, guitar

joeyjay at att.net joeyjay at att.net
Tue Oct 31 11:52:32 EST 2006

Slowhanders,

I forgot to include Steve Winwood as one of my all time honorable mention guitarists. He can be so tasty that I would have prolly included him in a top 20.

Jay

Slowhanders,

Here are my top 10 favorites and some honorable mentions. I'm absolutely am not
suggesting they are the best. They are just my personal favorites.

1) Eric Clapton
2) Duane Allman
3) Chet Atkins
4) Dicky Betts
5) Leslie West
6) Stevie Ray Vaughan
7) Carlos Santana
8) Jeff Beck
9) Mark Knopfler
10) Jimi Hendrix

Honorable mentions:

Danny Gatton, Muddy Waters, Pete Townsend, Jimmy Page, Albert King, Buddy Guy,
Freddie King, Derek Trucks, George Harrison, Jimmy Thackery, J Geils, Brian
Setzer, Walter Trout, Prince, Albert Lee, Mickey Gee, Rory
Gallagher, Toy Caldwell, John Fogerty, George Thorogood, Mick Taylor, Ritchie
Blackmore, Ry Cooder, Peter Green, Tony Iommmi, Johnny Winter, Billy Gibbons,
Joe Walsh, Randy Bachman, Robbie Robertson, Skunk Baxter, Dave Mason, Steve
Hunter, Mike Bloomfield, Alvin Lee, Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, Jeff Healy, Jerry Garcia, David
Gilmour.

And I love the early pioneers like Roy Buchannon, Eddie Cochran, Paul Burlison
(The Roll and Roll Trio), James Burton (Rickey Nelson), Chris Gallup (Gene
Vincent and the Blue Caps), Scotty Moore (Elvis), Lonnie Mack, Link Wray, Chuck
Berry, Dick Dale etc.

Cheers,
Jay