[Slowhand] 2006 Tour Performances / Compilation

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 14:50:01 EST 2006

I've received a number of email requests for suggestions as to what may
be the "best" performances and/or recordings of EC's 2006 tour, and
asking about ideas for a "best of" type compilation.

In my opinion it's certainly far too soon to contemplate any sort of
definitive "Best Of" list since so many recordings from the tour haven't
even begun to surface yet - doing so now would be like cooking dinner
from only the first few things found in the cupboard, regardless of what
they are! Not to mention that the Japan tour has not yet begun and will
hopefully hold some new surprises.

Never fear, like Santa Claus I am making a list, checking it twice, and
when the time comes compile a list of performances that may be of
interest ... my only personal criteria is "do you want to rewind and
listen to it all over again??".

With that said, I will unreservedly recommend the first show in the
magnificent "Southern Harmony" set
(http://www.geetarz.org/reviews/clapton/southern-harmony.htm) as my
personal favorite so far. I've not only played it ~27 times according
to iTunes, but I did in fact manage to blow out the right front speaker
on my surround system with this one - high praise indeed!

A sample here:

http://www.geetarz.org/tunez/clap.mp3

Remember: play it loud, but in this case, not TOO loud!

Cheers,
AG