[Slowhand] Still here

Robert Laude r_laude at gmx.de
Mon Dec 4 02:47:55 EST 2006

Hi to you all,

I'm still an active reader even if I don't post very often.

And by the way, I think that EC's current band is one of the most grooving he had since the 70's. I didn't really realized this when I saw them in Germany, but after listening to some tapes fron the US and Japan I have to say that this is really a great band - and not only the guitarists! I still haven't figured out the role of Tim Carmon, but Willie Weeks, who I hardly heard at the German shows and Steve Jordan are really pushing things and Chris Stainton is solid as always. Everybody is raving about Derek Trucks and rightly so, but I must say that the bigger surprise for me is Doyle Bramhall II. He didn't impress me so much during the 2004 tour but this time his playing is really great, imaginative and with a nice tone as well. I am looking forward to how the band sounds during the l ast two weeks of next years US-leg without Derek Trucks.

Many greetings to all Slowhanders

Robert L - Germany