[Slowhand] Health conscious

jersey shore jerseyshore1111 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 16 01:40:20 EST 2006

This is an unusual post, and will likely invite new conversation, but is
relevant and a matter of some concern.
I was reading chapters in a book about heart disease written by one of
this country's most respected and well known cardiologists when I came upon
something that caught my attention. The book was describing the warning
signs for damage and blockages to the arteries which typically lead to heart
disease. One of the clearest indicators for "arterial aging" is a distinct
crease line in the earlobe. I realized that this is very consistent with
people in my own family with substantial heart disease; the people who have
had serious trouble all have these lines. I also remembered that a while
back, I heard another cardiologist being interviewed on television saying
something about this.
The reason I make mention of this is that in the Robert Johnson DVD, you
can see in the close-ups that our Eric has these tell-tale crease marks. I'd
like to assume that he has the best in medical professionals at his disposal
and that equally important, he checks in with them regularly. He's had a
life in the past rich in excess, and other than stage performing, I've never
heard any mention of him exercising. I really hope his health is well
monitored. It's easy to assume it is, but heart attacks happen to even those
with the best doctors around. Let us hope that he's very mindful of his
health and pays close attention to any warning signs such as this.