[Slowhand] Rolling Stone Magazine Randon Notes Picture Sought from 1989

Kevin Wilson kevin.wilson at arivia.co.za
Thu Jan 4 05:38:52 EST 2007

If anyone has old Rolling Stone magazines from around August to December
1989, one of them has a picture of EC in the Random Notes section where
he is receiving an African shield made from animal skin with a
Stratocaster neck handle from the newly inaugurated king of Swaziland,
King Mswati III.

The shield was a gift to Eric, as the headline international artist, who
performed (on 22 July 1989) for the king's 21st birthday and
inauguration which went under the banner of The Kings Trust: Inaugural
21st Birthday Concert. Eric's opening act at the time was Joan
Armatrading. Dozens of South African artists also performed before and
after the international stars. Last I heard the money was still
entrusted to the king, so to speak - but what can you expect from a dude
who is still king after all these years with 13 wives to support.

Anyway, if anyone can look-up and scan and e-mail the picture to me I'll
be a very happy chappy.

Kevin

DISCLAIMER:
Everything in this email and its attachments relating to the official business of arivia.kom is proprietary to arivia.kom. It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. The person addressed in the email is the sole authorised recipient. Any unauthorized dissemination or copying of this e-mail (or any attachment to this e-mail) or the wrongful disclosure of the information herein contained is prohibited.