[Slowhand] Mayer

Scott Wallenberg scottw at racerxill.com
Mon Jan 15 16:40:06 EST 2007

I agree....
He's not original but.... when I was a kid growing up I listened to pop
music on AM radio and then FM. It was hearing Sunshine of your Love on Best
of Cream album that lured me into buying the album and then hearing
Crossroads. ... that really made my hair stand on end and I did not know
why. I had never heard of "blues" music or Robert Johnson, BB King or Muddy
Waters and I grew up in Chicago.

My point is some kid might tune in to John Mayer on TV.... see him get
teamed up with Buddy Guy and then get really turned on and start delving
deeper.

Scott