[Slowhand] Staples/San Diego Random Rubble

EFSCHUL at aol.com EFSCHUL at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 23:41:11 EDT 2007

Was at Staples and then San Diego last night.

I've only been to 10 shows on this tour (3 overseas/7 USA) and I sense
Clapton is mentoring and I hope, young Trucks is learning/taking notes. He must
have, because Thursday evening in SD, Derek quieted down a bit...almost sounded
symphonic, gave me the chills. That kid sure can play.

And yes, he was a bit noisy at the beginning of the tour and once in a while
I still hear the scratch noisy riffs. Maybe it's what they call "untamed
creative talent". Eric gives the members of the band (team) solos and then
rips into his own upper stratosphere. God was on fire in San Diego. And then
God's "Godfather" entered the room. When the "sit down" set started, JJ
walked out. Eric said, "We have a gate crasher". JJ Cale was in the house! The
audience exploded. I looked back from my first row seat (showing off a bit
here - so smile), and the audience was going CRAZY with joy!

We go to Anaheim tomorrow (for me birthday) and some pre and post show
events. It's been a magical week, in more ways than I could have ever imagined.

Will try to post after Anaheim, but these guys are killing me. I don't know
how they do it and I salute Clapton for assembling a great band. Good thing
god gave "us" a day off today. Blond Rockers must rest. And just in case
you haven't noticed, you don't have to be blond to be a blond rocker!

cheers,
blond rocker