[Slowhand] Derek is not Duane

Greg Hilker greghilker at gmx.de
Fri Mar 23 14:09:20 EDT 2007

No, Derek Trucks is not Duane Allman.
Whether Derek is more or less talented than Duane (was) is a matter of opinion.

All I know (my opinions) is that:
- I enjoy listening to the Derek Truck Band, especially when they play the blues.
- EC obviously likes how Derek plays guitar, too.
- I thoroughly loved Derek playing with EC when I saw them in Mannheim last summer. His slide solos certainly reminded me of Duane at that concert!
- Obviously Derek woke-up something in EC because when was the last time that EC played so many Dominos songs on tour?

Peace and greetings from Worms, Germany