[Slowhand] 62 ....so many rivers crossed...

RMS1 Debby at Avalonrecords.com
Tue Apr 3 12:14:40 EDT 2007

Hear, hear! Couldn't have said it better myself!

Debby J.

________________________________

From: Garret74 at aol.com [mailto:Garret74 at aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 3:39 AM
To: slowhand at planet-torque.com
Subject: [Slowhand] 62 ....so many rivers crossed...

Well, I pretty much agree with everything that everyone's said. I saw
this tour in DC, and Eric definitely was more laid back than I'd seen
him in the past.

But I did enjoy Doyle and Derek...and Tim Carmen and Chris
Stainton...Hell, the band was the best I'd ever seen him with...Now, I
loved Gadd and East as a bottom, but these guys brought something a
little different and very cool with them to the game.

Eric hit a solo that night on Old Love that I will remember for the rest
of my life. It was really the only time he stepped out that night...but
just that one moment...well, no one can play like that. And just that
one moment satisfied me. Because there were other things in the show
that were delightful...

I've seen a lot of musicians, a lot of bands...all the greats at one
time or another. I've jammed with Danny Gatton before, and I've known a
lot of very talented and special people.

There is no one like Eric Clapton, and it's foolish, in my opinion, to
try and firmly place him to one slice of time or one moment, or one band
or one genre or milieu...it's not just the guitar playing with
him...it's the whole package of what this man is.

It would be like saying Michelangelo should only paint, or only sculpt,
or only be an architect...

So many of you guys are boxing Helena...you want him to fit in a little
niche of your liking, and you throw a little hissy fit when he doesn't
do what you want him to do.

Can you imagine being Eric Clapton and having to live up to your
expectations?

Garret

See what's free at AOL.com
<http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503> .