[Slowhand] "Plishhhhhhhhhhh"

Mel Boss darmel at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 3 13:54:25 EDT 2007

I enjoyed your message, Tone. Thanks for the reply... Some thoughts:

>In watching the Cream video I thought Jack kept up quite well for a guy who

>had recently had a liver transpant.

Agreed. It was good to see them together again. It was when I got to listening
again to DisrGrs and FreshCrm (We're Going Wrong and Dreaming), to Jack's
driving bass and Ginger's insane drums that Epiphany came to me - you can't go
home again. MY expectations for the band's reunion were unrealistic.

>I also thought Ginger kept up quite well for guy who hadn't played drums for

>two years.

Yup. He was GOOD, but the 25yr.old Ginger was insane. MY expectations
were off - not his playing.

>Take Eric's guitar away for two years and replace one of his vital organs

>and let's see if he keeps up with Jack and Ginger.

Perish the thought of that.

>The RAH reunion was great. All three shone. Let's leave it at that.

Okay. Agreed!

>How about phoned-in song writing? Encondido's "Three Little Girls" seems

>a worthy successor to "WonderfulTonight".

Well, there will be those who disagree, but EC's song writing ability is not
what "touches" (Rick's words) me so much. I love Knopfler for THAT!

>I agreed with everything else you wrote, especially the "Plishhhhhhhhhhh"

>for DeltaNick.

Nick can take it, and he'd be the first to say so. Besides, my raspberry was
with a :-) on my face and in good fun.
Good to hear from you, Tone, and I hope that all is well with you.
Mel