[Slowhand] Plishhhhhhhhhhh? 3

RMS1 Debby at Avalonrecords.com
Tue Apr 17 12:14:52 EDT 2007

Well, Nick, I'm wondering, what DO you want him to play? Songs that
nobody knows and nobody likes? Only songs from "Beano" (which,
personally, I didn't like-too dated-sounding, couldn't stand Mayall's
voice)? Only "Cream" songs, with long, drawn-out jams? I saw him in
Orlando in October 2006, and was very pleased. And I've been aware of
him since Cream; became a big fan in 1990 or so when I heard songs from
"Journeyman" and realized, "wow, HE'S still around? Nice to hear
someone playing real guitar for a change." I'm just curious as to what
WOULD make you happy, Clapton-wise.

Weird; the Classic Rock station I have on just started playing "I Can't
Stand It".

Debby J.

________________________________

From: deltanick at aol.com [mailto:deltanick at aol.com]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 10:13 PM
To: slowhand at planet-torque.com
Subject: [Slowhand] Plishhhhhhhhhhh? 3

Let's get serious here, today's Eric Clapton is "Eric Clapton Lite": no
calories, little substance, good "all the hits" concerts, but nothing
really new. There's not much substantive creativity with the guitar
either, which I'll again state, is Clapton's singularly unique talent.
He's NOT all washed up, else he wouldn't -- occasionally -- play those
nice solos, such as Garret mentioned on "Old Love," or on "Escondido's"
"Danger."

I'm sorry, but as Keith Richard mentioned a long time ago -- and we saw
this pop up again a couple of weeks back -- Eric Clapton could be SO
much better, but he's too lazy! Not too lazy to get on the road and
travel, but too damned lazy to be creative, the way he once used to be,
and the way I believe that he again CAN be, if only he tried a bit
harder. If I thought that he really was washed up, I'd say so, and I
wouldn't be here on the Slowhand Digest. But I do not believe that. I
believe the man has talent and potential WAY beyond what he shows us,
but he's too damned lazy to use it, to tap into it.

And, I'll bet if you asked him about this, he'd fully agree.

DeltaNick

P.S. Well, at least the Slowhand Digest has again shown some life. It's
been pretty quiet lately, as if everyone were ... on auto-pilot.

from AOL at AOL.com <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000437> .