[Slowhand] EC and MK Collaboration

Mel Boss darmel at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 23 12:43:12 EDT 2007

Another collaboration that I would like to see/hear is Eric and Mark Knopfler.
I think that they are great together and better than the sum-of-the-parts.
Their guitar styles are very different, and they compliment one another. Mark's subtle finger-picking is a nice contrast to Eric's style.
Also, I really love Mark's song writing - think that he is amazing in this regard. He also has a rare talent for composing and assimilating great eclectic bands. I haven't heard them perform together since the Mt.S benefit.
They're "mates" and share mutual respect; so, I think that they could do great things together.
Just a stray thought...
Mel