[Slowhand] Johnny Winter

Steve Proctor drpr at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 30 11:12:28 EDT 2007

I looked at the lineup for the Crossroads Festival on www.pollstar.com and was interested to see Johnny Winter listed there!

I just saw Johnny Winter last month. He is not in good health - he had to be led onstage and remains seated during the entire performance. His playing is about 85% as good as his Bobfest performance - which incidentally is about 99% better than I'll even achieve.

Johnny Winter is a wonderful addition, not only because of his legendary career, but because of his revitalization of Muddy Waters' career.

More musings about the Crossroads Festival to follow...

Steve